.GOV.PK Domain Requirements
GOV.PK is used primarily for the Federal Government of Pakistan.
For provincial domains, the following name space are used.
- GOP.PK for Govt. of Punjab
- GOS.PK for Sindh
- GOB.PK for Baluchistan
- GKP.PK for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- GOG for Gilgit Baltistan
- GOK.PK for Azad Jammu & Kashmir
In certain circumstances a GOV.PK may be used for a high level Provincial Department, that is unique in the province, if the name of the province is prominent in the domain name (e.g. Punjab-Police.gov.pk, etc).
To avoid inappropriate use of government domain names, the .gov.pk domain names are kept inactive after registration. For activation of the GOV domains, following requirements apply:
- A letter of authorization signed by the Head of the government organization (or properly delegated authority).
- This authorization letter must be on the original official stationary/letterhead (no photocopies or laser printed letterheads).
- A CNIC copy of the authority signing the authorization letter.
Send these documents to the address as under:
84 Tipu Block, Garden Town, Lahore. Pakistan
The domain will be activated upon verification of the received documents.
If Karachi Host is handling your request, then we can send all the documents to PKNIC Collection as an extra cost.